easy shepherd's pie with instant mashed potatoes and corn

easy shepherd's pie with instant mashed potatoes and corn

0 1

A base of ground beef tossed in brown gravy is topped with corn and creamy mashed potatoes. A great recipe, a great mom who works full time and cooks most of the meals - you are incredibly blessed! Step 1 Heat the oven to 350°F. A word of caution of here. This post contains affiliate links. Add mushrooms to … Brown the ground beef in a large frying pan, over medium-high heat, with a dab of butter or margarine. Season top layer of potato with salt, pepper and paprika. I made the following changes: -used one jar of prepared turkey gravy and omitted the water and gravy mix -used instant mashed potatoes (6 servings)prepared according to the box instructions -doubled the onion called for. Place the ramekins in the oven and set to low broil. WOW! Making this meal tonight and my 16 year old daughter is going to love it! I kind of agree with her. Shepherd’s pie has been a comfort meal of mine since I was a kid! oh that is a great idea !! Spread the mashed potatoes over the corn. My gram would always say, “Shepherd’s Pie is a staple kind of food.” She said she made it all the time when her kids were little because it was affordable and filled them up. … Cook frozen corn and set aside. Cook meat fully and season to taste. In ungreased 3-quart casserole, stir together remaining ingredients. This easy shepherd’s pie recipe takes just under an hour from start to finish and serves six people. Add the mashed potatoes and stir. Save While I do use some premade ingredients, this is still a reasonably healthy shepherd’s pie recipe. Add the 2 tbsp of margarine to the potatoes and continue stirring until smooth. Sauté onions in a skillet until brown and then add meat. This easy Shepherd’s pie with instant mashed potatoes recipe takes less than an hour to prepare. Once the ground beef is fully cooked, spoon of the excess grease and then add the beef gravy mix and 1/2 cup of water to the frying pan. While the ground beef was cooking I brought some milk and water to a boil in a large saucepan. Read our disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Cream of mushroom soup adds flavor and creaminess to the filling, and instant mashed potatoes makes it quick and easy! Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley for a little bit of green. My gram loves the Betty Crocker Brand with Butter. Remove the shepherd’s pie from the oven and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving. Instructions: Boil potatoes and mash. Bring to boil. This ground beef casserole serves 6 people and takes less than an hour from start to finish. This easy Shepherd’s pie is made with ground beef in a savory gravy, layered with tender vegetables, creamy mashed potatoes and topped off with cheddar cheese. Shepherd's Pie is a savory classic from the flavorful meat and gravy up to the creamy mashed potatoes! She loves her crockpot and dishes that she can prepare ahead of time. Mix Gravy Mix and water in small bowl. Ground beef and mashed potatoes are the perfect combination. Add the diced onions, salt and pepper to the beef while it’s cooking. It actually tastes delicious and is a nice change from traditional pie. I've never had shepherd's pie before, but it looks good! Be sure to check out my mom’s crockpot chicken & dumplings,  corned beef & cabbage ,  chicken casserole and chicken pot pie. Browning the ground beef is as long as it takes to make when using instant mashed potatoes. I am usually pressed for time so I make min with ground beef, 1 can of chunky ground sirloin veggies soup with either corn , carrots, sweet green peas or all 3 with Chedder, munster, and Harvarti cheeses, it's delicious... « My Bedroom Makeover 3D Floor Plan Design by Modsy, Mom’s Weekend Light Chicken Pot Pie Recipe », Click Here For Full Nutrition, Exchanges, and My Plate Info, https://www.fourgenerationsoneroof.com/30-minute-easy-shepherds-pie/, Read About..... Jessica, her multigenerational family, DIY home renovations and affordable design tips, 10 boiled potatoes (you can use instant potatoes as well to save time). Good luck :). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. The Best Shepherd’s Pie is an easy ground beef dinner recipe. Once the beef was fully cooked I spooned off the excess grease and then added some brown gravy mix and water to the pan. 6.) Ingredients in Shepherd’s Pie with Instant Mashed Potatoes: Ground beef, condensed cream of mushroom soup, frozen mixed vegetables, brown gravy mix, beef broth, instant mashed potatoes (plus milk/butter to make them!!) How to make an easy Shepherd's Pie with a 30 minute bake time. I just added salt & pepper. I placed the dish in the oven and cooked it until the potatoes were just starting to brown around the edges of the pan. This … Filed Under: Beef, Crockpot, Our Kitchen, top 20 trending posts Tagged With: beef, butter, corn, potato. “Shepherd’s pie, a meat pie topped with mashed potato is traditionally made with lamb, when made with ground beef it’s actually called a cottage pie.” Heather Linteo — February 26, 2019 @ 3:14 pm Reply We recently shared our cheeseburger shepherd’s pie that was also amazing. While potatoes boil, preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Meet Jessica and here latest updated of the death of her grandparents, surviving divorce and a new marriage proposal! Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. plus shredded cheddar cheese. OOh, delicious and easy, that can't be beat! If you need an inexpensive meal that feeds a lot of people, this is a great recipe. Thanks! Way to go MOM! pkg.) The Best Shepherd's Pie is an easy ground beef dinner recipe. Updated Blog Post October 2020 – Are you new here? In 12-inch skillet cook ground beef and onion until browned; drain grease. In theory, it makes the recipe easier and saves a tiny little bit of time. Thx!! Scoop half the mashed potatoes into one ramekin, smoothing it down, and proceed with the second. We call it Shepherd’s Pie but I know many call it cottage pie. Add beans, corn, tomatoes, gravy, thyme and salt. I am trying to find a better alternative. Preheat your oven to 350 F. Brown ground beef in large skillet. My mom would add a can of tomato soup to the beef and onion mixture, then add a can of green beans, and top with mashed potatoes. Instant Pot instructions included to make this meal a one pot wonder!! Place the dish in the oven and bake until the mashed potatoes are starting to brown around the edges. In a 9x11 baking dish, spread a layer of meat, then creamed style corn and potato. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes. Once you assemble the layers of beef, potatoes, corn and cheese you can heat it in the microwave to melt the cheese or if making a larger casserole in can be heated in the oven. Pyrex Easy Grab Glass Bakeware and Food Storage Set (8-Piece, BPA-free), McCormick Brown Gravy Mix, 0.87 oz (Case of 24). Cook until heated through. Of course, if you have an Instant Pot, you can follow my easy mashed potatoes recipe if you have the time. Your email address will not be published. This is my twist on the traditional Shepherd’s pie … Stir until all of the meat is coated in gravy. A base of ground beef tossed in brown gravy is topped with corn and creamy mashed potatoes. I've been a blog follower for quite some time now. Bake for 25 minutes in a preheated 350 degree F oven. My mom loves to make her 30 minute easy Shepherd’s Pie especially during the week when time is limited. Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks! Stir in 1 cup light cream and melted stick of butter. Boil potatoes and mash. We have a few diabetics in our family so sweet potatoes are better vs regular and we also use ground turkey when we make the sweet potato version. Stir the soup and 1/4 cup water in a large bowl.

Horse Property For Sale In Sparks Nevada, How To Make Water Bubble In Minecraft, Kome In Japanese, Shanghai Metro Line 17, Bill Evans Documentary, Cheap Outdoor Flooring Options,